Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Arduino-powered Gingerbread House

This year for Christmas, my wife made each of us in our family a gingerbread house to decorate during the holidays: a great activity to do together and break up the otherwise endless cycle of eating and video games :). We decided to make a theme that we would all decorate to: "bright and colourful", fairly straight forward. I couldn't help myself and so I wanted to integrate in some electronics and colourful lights to really add to the brightness factor!

I put a spare Circuit Playground I had sitting around to good use, by programming a little rainbow light show to go with my house: the light show is activated by a digital microphone on the board by blowing gently into the window of the house. I would have had a Christmas tune playing on the board too, but unfortunately the speaker on my Circuit Playground isn't working.

The Arduino sketch can be found here:

https://github.com/mit-mit-randomprojectlab/gingerbreadhouse_lights

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment